Hi , Want to know , what is the risk in 1 B Premium Processing .

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

this year ( 2013 ) i am going to file my 1 B , what to know if i go for Premium processing will it lead to FIR on company . Or any other issues .

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

1

Answered . I assume 1B means H1B. You should consult with your employer's attorney for that. It is the employer who will be doing it for you.

2. Gintare Grigaite

6

Answered . No, not necessarily.

3. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . Visas in the US always begin with a letter, and never with a number.

The same laws, regulations, and standards apply to premium processed applications and to non-premium processed applications.

4. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

5

Answered . I am not aware of any evidence that using the Premium Processing option is more likely to result in an RFE. Some attorneys have the personal opinion that the Premium Processing Unit is more likely to issue an RFE, but I've never seen any statistics that confirm this opinion.

5. Karen-Lee Pollak

5

Answered . no

6. Dwight David Myfelt

5

Answered . If you have a case that has little risk of being denied, then you should have no additional trouble using Premium Processing.

I personally would never submit a case that had substantive questions of fact to a Premium Processing Unit. For example, I would never submit an H-1B visa for an RN who works in an acute care area to a Premium Processing Unit. Even though I strongly believe these cases are legitimately "specialty occupations" which require a bachelors degree, many USCIS evaluators, especially those in Premium Processing Units, think differently. We have seen far more denied by PP units than by regular Service Center officers. On the other hand, if you were a Physical Therapist who clearly had to have at least a masters degree to get licensed, then I'd have no problem sending that case to a PP unit.

7. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

1

Answered . Do you mean an H1B? I believe so. Your employer's attorney should handle that application for you.

It has been my experience that premium processing can lead to more detailed RFE's and so I advise my clients to use standard processing if they have a middle of the road case.