Hi , L1 -Individual petition . Errors in petition . What are the chances of petition or visa approval ? How this can be correct

Asked about 2 years ago - Owings Mills, MD

Situation is like this . My employer filed L1 individual petition . After looking at i-129 there was an error about my previous travel or visit to US .They mentioned rightly about my previous visa (H1-B) and receipt number but while mentioning the travel dates and the type of visa during the last travel they mentioned L1A which is wrong. Its filed in Premium. Previously H1-B extension was rejected because of lack of documents and L1B was not approved for no reason. Can you tell me what are the chances of my L1 individual petition getting approved? Please also suggest how this error can be corrected.

1. Carlos Marcelo Colombo

3

1

Answered . I recommend that you discuss this matter with your employer and suggest that they discuss this matter in detail with an immigration attorney. If a decision on your L1 case has not been issued, your employer can submit a corrected/amended L1 application. In many cases, the Premium Processing service can be very responsive and it would be a good idea to overnight a corrected original application as well as perhaps an email copy after contacting the Premium Process supervisor.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Talk to the lawyer that submitted the petition.

If he/she feels that this is a 'material' mistake, he/she will know how to submit a correction.

3. Dean P Murray

1

Answered . You should check with your employer and the lawyer who filed your petition. If the explanations are not satisfactory, seek out an immigration lawyer separately for a second opinion. There are many good immigration lawyers who answer questions here on Avvo.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700