Hi , L1 -Individual petition . Errors in petition . What are the chances of petition or visa approval ? How this can be correct

Asked about 2 years ago - Owings Mills, MD

Situation is like this . My employer filed L1 individual petition . After looking at i-129 there was an error about my previous travel or visit to US .They mentioned rightly about my previous visa (H1-B) and receipt number but while mentioning the travel dates and the type of visa during the last travel they mentioned L1A which is wrong. Its filed in Premium. Previously H1-B extension was rejected because of lack of documents and L1B was not approved for no reason. Can you tell me what are the chances of my L1 individual petition getting approved? Please also suggest how this error can be corrected.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carlos Marcelo Colombo

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I recommend that you discuss this matter with your employer and suggest that they discuss this matter in detail with an immigration attorney. If a decision on your L1 case has not been issued, your employer can submit a corrected/amended L1 application. In many cases, the Premium Processing service can be very responsive and it would be a good idea to overnight a corrected original application as well as perhaps an email copy after contacting the Premium Process supervisor.

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Talk to the lawyer that submitted the petition.

    If he/she feels that this is a 'material' mistake, he/she will know how to submit a correction.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Dean P Murray

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should check with your employer and the lawyer who filed your petition. If the explanations are not satisfactory, seek out an immigration lawyer separately for a second opinion. There are many good immigration lawyers who answer questions here on Avvo.

    If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,260 answers this week

3,378 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,260 answers this week

3,378 attorneys answering