Hi, I was wondering what the statue of limitations on rape, sexual assault and kidnapping is in the state of Pennsylvania.

Philadelphia, PA |

I have a friend in state of Pa. that has been in prison since 2005 and now the girl that accused him of this is wanting to recant her story. She is willing to do this as long as she is not put in jail.
Thanks :)

The issue raised here has nothing to do with a statute of limitations. It is suggested that your friend retain an experie ced criminal defense attorney and they can investigate the claim and file the necessary documents to get the case back in court.

Thank you for responding

She should speak to the DA in her county to deal with this issue.

Thanks for answering :):)

This does not really affect the Statute of Limitations. There are often issues with timeliness with these types of matters, but I think we can find a way around that timeliness issue.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

Thanks for responding :)

The case needs to be litigated in court, but the statute of limitations does not apply. Hire a private criminal defense attorney in you area.

Thank you for responding :)