Hi, I was wondering what the statue of limitations on rape, sexual assault and kidnapping is in the state of Pennsylvania.

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I have a friend in state of Pa. that has been in prison since 2005 and now the girl that accused him of this is wanting to recant her story. She is willing to do this as long as she is not put in jail.
Thanks :)

1. Robert C. Keller

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . The issue raised here has nothing to do with a statute of limitations. It is suggested that your friend retain an experie ced criminal defense attorney and they can investigate the claim and file the necessary documents to get the case back in court.

2. Douglas Lee Dolfman

2

1

Answered . She should speak to the DA in her county to deal with this issue.

3. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

2

1

Answered . This does not really affect the Statute of Limitations. There are often issues with timeliness with these types of matters, but I think we can find a way around that timeliness issue.

4. Mark Copoulos

Pro

Answered . The case needs to be litigated in court, but the statute of limitations does not apply. Hire a private criminal defense attorney in you area.