Hi, I found a condo for foreclosure but without parking space. After closing, there was a parking space in my deed,

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I found a condo for foreclosure but without parking space. After closing, there was a parking space in my deed, it describes "exclusive right to the use of parking space" and there is one PIN. Now I pay assessment monthly for parking space by one PIN which shows on my deed and the former owner pays parking space tax by an another PIN which does exist on my deed. My title insurance is including parking space. What is problem? How can I solve this? Thanks.

sorry. the former owner pays parking space tax by an another PIN which doesn't exist on my deed.

1. Paul Rutledge Durr III

1

Answered . sounds like you may be paying to use a parking space owned as part of the common area, but do not actually own the parking space. Talk to your condo association and see if they can clear it up for you.

2. Thomas O. Moens

Answered . Without reviewing the documents, it is impossible to give you an answer. My guess is that the parking space was on the deed to the previous owner, but not his mortgage. When the foreclosure was done, it only extinguished the previous owner's interest in the condominium. Whoever prepared the deed simply looked at the old deed and not the foreclosure. If this is the case, you could try contacting the old owner to purchase it from him or her. But, again, just a guess. You should have a real estate attorney review the documents and help you with obtaining the parking space.