Hi, I found a condo for foreclosure but without parking space. After closing, there was a parking space in my deed,

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Condominiums

I found a condo for foreclosure but without parking space. After closing, there was a parking space in my deed, it describes "exclusive right to the use of parking space" and there is one PIN. Now I pay assessment monthly for parking space by one PIN which shows on my deed and the former owner pays parking space tax by an another PIN which does exist on my deed. My title insurance is including parking space. What is problem? How can I solve this? Thanks.

sorry. the former owner pays parking space tax by an another PIN which doesn't exist on my deed.

1. sounds like you may be paying to use a parking space owned as part of the common area, but do not actually own the parking space. Talk to your condo association and see if they can clear it up for you.

2. Without reviewing the documents, it is impossible to give you an answer. My guess is that the parking space was on the deed to the previous owner, but not his mortgage. When the foreclosure was done, it only extinguished the previous owner's interest in the condominium. Whoever prepared the deed simply looked at the old deed and not the foreclosure. If this is the case, you could try contacting the old owner to purchase it from him or her. But, again, just a guess. You should have a real estate attorney review the documents and help you with obtaining the parking space.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.