Hi I am working on EAD with my current emp and my 485 is pending from 1-1/2 year,Can i move to new employer?

Santa Clara, CA |

please let me know what are the important things I should consider

EB2 :PD-July 18 2008

485 pending from Jan 2012

Thanks
Raju

1. Yes, if the occupation will be the same or similar.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. As long as the occupation is similar you should be okay. It is best to consult your new employer's immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Sure, as long as your job with the new employer will be deemed to be in the "same or similar" occupation as the one on the PERM and I-140 petition.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Under AC-21, it is possible to change employers once the I-485 has been pending at least 180 days. Please consult with an immigration attorney for details.

5. Only if you will continue working full-time in the same or similar occupational classification as that for which the I-140 was filed.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

6. Only if the I-140 is approved you can port to "same or similar classification" after 180 days of I-1485 filing.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.