Hi I am working on EAD with my current emp and my 485 is pending from 1-1/2 year,Can i move to new employer?

please let me know what are the important things I should consider EB2 :PD-July 18 2008 485 pending from Jan 2012 Thanks Raju

Santa Clara, CA -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Yes, if the occupation will be the same or similar.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Sure, as long as your job with the new employer will be deemed to be in the "same or similar" occupation as the one on the PERM and I-140 petition.

Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Immigration Attorney - Pasadena, CA

Under AC-21, it is possible to change employers once the I-485 has been pending at least 180 days. Please consult with an immigration attorney for details.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Only if you will continue working full-time in the same or similar occupational classification as that for which the I-140 was filed.

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - Newark, CA

Only if the I-140 is approved you can port to "same or similar classification" after 180 days of I-1485 filing.

Alexus Paul Sham

Alexus Paul Sham

Immigration Attorney - The Woodlands, TX

As long as the occupation is similar you should be okay. It is best to consult your new employer's immigration attorney.