Hi I am working on EAD with my current emp and my 485 is pending from 1-1/2 year,Can i move to new employer?

Asked 11 months ago - Santa Clara, CA

please let me know what are the important things I should consider

EB2 :PD-July 18 2008

485 pending from Jan 2012

Thanks
Raju

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Yes, if the occupation will be the same or similar.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Sure, as long as your job with the new employer will be deemed to be in the "same or similar" occupation as the one on the PERM and I-140 petition.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

1

Answered . Under AC-21, it is possible to change employers once the I-485 has been pending at least 180 days. Please consult with an immigration attorney for details.

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Only if you will continue working full-time in the same or similar occupational classification as that for which the I-140 was filed.

5. Tripti Sharad Sharma

1

Answered . Only if the I-140 is approved you can port to "same or similar classification" after 180 days of I-1485 filing.

6. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

1

Answered . As long as the occupation is similar you should be okay. It is best to consult your new employer's immigration attorney.