Hi ....I am Jyoti Mali. I am on a green card. I need advice for renewing SB-1 visa. Kindly help. My GC hasnt expired yet.

Asked over 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

I have a green card on which the date hasnt expired. I am in India and need help in renewing it...since I want to re enter US.

1. Carlos Andres Lopez

Pro

1

Answered . I think the most important question is how long have you been in India. If you have been outside the United States more than one year, US Customs and Border Patrol will try to say that you abandoned your permanent residence if you try to re-enter. Having said that, you should gather all documentation to indicate why you were abroad and how you did not intend to abandon your residence. I highly recommend that you hire an attorney to walk you through this process of re-entering with your current greencard, or certainly in renewing the SB-1 visa.
    Best of luck.

2. Jose Antonio Moreno

2

Answered . I agree.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

2

Answered . Relevant information is missing. Discuss your case with an experienced immigration attorney.

4. Dean P Murray

1

Answered . You should consult an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, and obtain professional assistance. Good luck to you.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

5. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . It is difficult to answer your question without more information