Hi, collision at intersection, four way traffic single lane, with two stop signs. Im driving up hill with no stop sign, ca

Asked about 5 years ago - San Francisco, CA

Hi,

collision at intersection, four way traffic single lane, with two stop signs.

Im driving up hill with no stop sign, car from avenue on the right with a stop sign proceeds in the intersection about to turn left .not sure if the driver made a stop. collision occured.
my damages are on my right side bumper and hood. her damages are about the driver side front wheel. the driver with the stop sign states that there was a parked car to the left so she could not see me coming up the hill. whose fault would this be in this matter?

1. David C. Garner

1

1

Answered . More facts would be helpful, but if what you say is true (you had no stopsign and she did) then she is probably at fault. If she could not see whether or not traffic was coming, she should not have pulled into the intersection.

2. Brian Richard Dinday

1

1

Answered . This seems clearly the fault of the other driver. Were you injured? Did you lose time from work? What is the amount of the medical bills? Do you have further medical treatment yet to come? Depending on the answers to these questions, you may need to get a lawyer to represent you to make the claim or sue to recover damages.

If you wish, you can call me for a free consultation with no obligation. I have been doing personal injury litigation for over 34 years and I have offices in San Francisco.. Good luck

3. Norman Gregory Fernandez

Pro

1

1

Answered . She is at fault. She had a duty under the California Vehicle Code to ensure that the road was clear before she made her turn. Likewise she had the same duty before proceeding from a stop sign. It is not your fault that her view was obstructed.

4. Kenneth Lewis Swenson

Answered . Based on the facts as you describe them, the other driver is probably at fault. You should consult with an attorney in your area about the particulars of your matter and for any specific legal advice.