Hi, Certain professional filed a lien (notarial) against me. This lien was fraudulent (very excessively unreasonable) and

Kent, WA |

mentioning only the amount of the lien. I requested from this professional and the notary public (who wrote this lien) to give me details and itemization about this lien. So far I didn’t receive anything. The problem is even the notary knew that this lien is false and fraudulent.

What I can do to prevent this fraud? File a notarial declaration stating this lien is not true, or file a lawsuit against this professional, or both? If so what kind a lawyer I can see to file a lawsuit.
Can I file a lawsuit against this notary?

This notary is the friend of this professional and knew this lien is not true.
Is there any organization/association that gives license to the notary public?

Thank you.

1. Notaries in WA are licensed by the Department of Licensing. More information is at http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/notary/ .

If you believe the notary does something against the law, you can file a report with the DOL. The link is at the above page.

Notaries generally do not file liens. That is not one of their authorized acts. Mostly, notaries are certifying that they check that the person signing the document is who the person claims to be. Notaries generally do not check whether what is written on a document is true.

Notaries are required to carry a bond. So, there is a possibility of getting some money if you win a lawsuit against a notary for failure to act as a notary.