Hi, I'd like to start something similar to the lottery; where you purchase & play a set a numbers to win a prize.

Asked about 1 year ago - Anaheim, CA

I'd like to set a website where people buy/play numbers and funds go to charities in need. Players receive services from sponsors that support causes. Aiming for Spa Business sponsors. Sponsors will also receive exposure therefore increase their revenue. To be on the safe side, what business structure I should be looking into? Non-profit, for profit, LLC ., etc..?

1. Michael Charles Doland

4

Answered . You need a lawyer experience in creating permissible lotteries. Your question makes it appear you have never been in business before. Setting up a not for profit makes no sense. This is a highly scrutinized and technical area of law.

2. Jame P Mascaro

4

Answered . You should consult a business attorney.

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

1

Answered . An interesting concept, but many hurdles to clear. In addition, if you are able to be the pioneer in clearing those hurdles you may wish to protect your franchise since the others following will not have to endure the costs that you did. So my suggestion is to contact an attorney willing to assist you. Good luck.

www.DigitalEsq.com
    (800) 409-7010