Hi, I'd like to start something similar to the lottery; where you purchase & play a set a numbers to win a prize.

Anaheim, CA |

I'd like to set a website where people buy/play numbers and funds go to charities in need. Players receive services from sponsors that support causes. Aiming for Spa Business sponsors. Sponsors will also receive exposure therefore increase their revenue. To be on the safe side, what business structure I should be looking into? Non-profit, for profit, LLC ., etc..?

You need a lawyer experience in creating permissible lotteries. Your question makes it appear you have never been in business before. Setting up a not for profit makes no sense. This is a highly scrutinized and technical area of law.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Thank You for you input.

You should consult a business attorney.

For a free consultation, please call (949) 769-3610. The information presented on this site is not intended as legal advice. Neither receipt of information presented on this site nor any question, answer, message or other electronic communication sent to Jame P. Mascaro or Mascaro Law, A Professional Corporation through this site will create an attorney-client relationship, and no such question, answer, message or other electronic communication will be treated as confidential. No user of this site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information on this site without seeking legal advice from his or her own counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Jame P. Mascaro and Mascaro Law, A Professional Corporation expressly disclaim liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this site, or any question, answer, message or other electronic communication exchanged on this site.

Thank You.

An interesting concept, but many hurdles to clear. In addition, if you are able to be the pioneer in clearing those hurdles you may wish to protect your franchise since the others following will not have to endure the costs that you did. So my suggestion is to contact an attorney willing to assist you. Good luck.

www.DigitalEsq.com
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

At the moment, this is just an idea. Thank you for answering. Before contacting a lawyer, what recommended paperwork should I have ready to present?

Aside from a business plan.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business