Skip to main content

Hi, I am a victim of assault with a deadly weapon. This took place at an outdoor league soccer game. Joe 6194538274. Help

San Diego, CA |

I was purposely kicked in the face with soccer cleats which caused brain trauma, completely split lip and broken nose. These damages required hospital attention and left me permanently scarred. After the initial kick I was then punched on the face which increased the trauma to the head. I blacked out for a moment and suffered a brain concussion. The owner of the san diego soccer league was there and did not do anything to stop it or to remove the assailant out of the soccer field. In contrast, the referee during the game could have prevented it but did nothing instead. As I start to leave the field with my kids and girlfriend next to me the owner stopped me and wanted to confirm with me that I would keep this between me and him. The owner wants to give me money under hand to keep quiet.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Hopefully you reported this incident to the police immediately after it happened. If not, and it was recent, you may want to file a police report.

    I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at

  2. You need to consult a personal injury attorney. There is a 2 year statute of limitations, but I would talk to an attorney right away.

    The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The responses provided herein discuss general principles of law and should not be relied upon by the asker in making legal decisions. Only an attorney who has met with the asker and fully reviewed the facts and circumstances of the asker's individual case should be relied upon for legal advice. If you find my suggestions helpful, please mark the appropriate box as helpful.

  3. As stated above, file criminal charges and go from there. It is key that you hire the best locally experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you that you can afford. You should obtain a free consultation as soon as possible. Good luck.

  4. File a police report, document your injuries, and consult with locally experienced CIVIL attorneys.

    Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

  5. Do not just take the money "under the table" to keep it quiet. They will use that against you if you make a claim later. Consult a local personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

    No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be provides is greater than the quality of legal services to be provided by other attorneys. Any answers we give are based on what you might expect not any sort of guarantee. By answering a question we are not creating an attorney client relationship. All inquires are confidential

  6. Go to the local police station and provide them this information.

    Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Violent crime topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics