Hi, DACA what is the correct answer for question number 9 "Country of Residence.

Asked over 1 year ago - Davenport, FL

I think three lawyers already answered and all said US. I did not put US but did add in the additional info that I was unsure and that I have resided in the US for 7 years but am a lawful resident of the UK. I am still unsure as to the correct answer and as this question is in the section marked about you it would appear all the questions are relevant to checking background. My interpretation of country of residence is the country where you can come and go as you please with no restrictions. The next section is marked arrival/residence information and in this section you are asked if you arrived before June 15 2007 and if you have lived in the US continuously since that date. So you are able to detail here where you have lived for those 5 years. Help, is this a grey area or clear cut.

1. J Charles Ferrari

7

Answered . Residence means where you reside.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . USA

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. The USA is the proper answer, since that is where you have been for past 5 years.

4. Rachel Moguel

4

Answered . In this case, you should put USA regardless of whether you reside here lawfully or not.

5. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . resident is your principal place of abode. If you are residing in United States and that is your principal place of abode put US

321.208.324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com