Hi, DACA what is the correct answer for question number 9 "Country of Residence.

Davenport, FL |

I think three lawyers already answered and all said US. I did not put US but did add in the additional info that I was unsure and that I have resided in the US for 7 years but am a lawful resident of the UK. I am still unsure as to the correct answer and as this question is in the section marked about you it would appear all the questions are relevant to checking background. My interpretation of country of residence is the country where you can come and go as you please with no restrictions. The next section is marked arrival/residence information and in this section you are asked if you arrived before June 15 2007 and if you have lived in the US continuously since that date. So you are able to detail here where you have lived for those 5 years. Help, is this a grey area or clear cut.

1. USA

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. Residence means where you reside.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I agree with my colleagues. The USA is the proper answer, since that is where you have been for past 5 years.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

4. In this case, you should put USA regardless of whether you reside here lawfully or not.

5. resident is your principal place of abode. If you are residing in United States and that is your principal place of abode put US

321.208.324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com