Hi, Anytime you worked morethan 80 hours a paycheck isn't that a overtime? worked 1 year didn't received overtime.

Asked about 1 year ago - Morton, IL

I Used to worked as an oncall nurse and the hours is from 4pm and ended to 8am. next day I did that 7 days a week for 1 year. I felt so intimidated plus in order for me to work 7 days a week for 1 year I had to send my 17 years old son in California for sister to kept an eye on him it cost me $700 every month.

Respectfully yours
TETEL INTEMIDATED

1. Barry Cahn Boykin

2

Answered . You may benefit from a visit to your local Illinois Department of Labor in order to determine if your hours qualify and to make sure that you are not an exempt employee.

A helpful link appears below:

2. Thomas O. Moens

1

Answered . I agree. Either contact the Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor, or an employment law attorney.

3. Darrel S Jackson

Pro

1

Answered . Federal law requires most employees to be paid overtime for all hour over 40 in a work week. In other words, you could work 35 hours in one week and 45 in the subsequent week (for a total of 80 in a single pay period) and be entitled to 5 hours of overtime. Were you working for the full 80 hours, or were you on call part of that time but not working? On call time (i.e. waiting to be called but not actually working) would likely not count as hours worked. You should consult in person with an employment lawyer to get a careful evaluation. Good luck.