Hey, my wife has no income and we cant find any other sponsor for i864 but we have about 30,000 dollars in assets. Is it enough?

New Brunswick, NJ |

We have been approved for the I130 and we want to move on but cannot find a sponsor.

1. You can use assets to replace income but the amount you are short multiplied by five should be the amount of assets that you have. For example: If your annual income is $21,062 and you need to make $22,062 in order to satisfy the I-864 requirements, then that means that you have a shortage of $1000 in income. You can make this up by having $5000 in assets (the $1000 times 5). This means that if you have no income, the $30000 only compensates for $6000 worth of annual income ($30000 divided by 5).

I hope thsi helps. I suggest that you contact an attiorney for further suggestions and information. The required income is different based on household size.

2. Ms. Morfas answer is excellent

3. Ms. Morfa's math formulas and examples are superb in their clarity and simplicity.. (Being so good with explaining numbers one cannot help but wonder why, in heaven's name did she ever become a lawyer?) I always thought only individuals who were not good with numbers became lawyers..)

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. I am impressed and agree with Ms. Morfa.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.