Hey, my wife has no income and we cant find any other sponsor for i864 but we have about 30,000 dollars in assets. Is it enough?

Asked over 1 year ago - New Brunswick, NJ

We have been approved for the I130 and we want to move on but cannot find a sponsor.

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

2

Answered . Ms. Morfas answer is excellent

2. Yolanda Navarrete

2

Answered . I am impressed and agree with Ms. Morfa.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Ms. Morfa's math formulas and examples are superb in their clarity and simplicity.. (Being so good with explaining numbers one cannot help but wonder why, in heaven's name did she ever become a lawyer?) I always thought only individuals who were not good with numbers became lawyers..)

4. Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

2

Answered . You can use assets to replace income but the amount you are short multiplied by five should be the amount of assets that you have. For example: If your annual income is $21,062 and you need to make $22,062 in order to satisfy the I-864 requirements, then that means that you have a shortage of $1000 in income. You can make this up by having $5000 in assets (the $1000 times 5). This means that if you have no income, the $30000 only compensates for $6000 worth of annual income ($30000 divided by 5).

I hope thsi helps. I suggest that you contact an attiorney for further suggestions and information. The required income is different based on household size.