Skip to main content

Here we go again in Wisconsin!!!

Fond Du Lac, WI |

Non custodial mother has filed for child support,supervised visits,legal custody, and physical placement. Now, I filed for support last month, she was fired from her job she pays me support and medical support. Very angry!! Has now filed this month for all the above. There is a temporary hearing next week already. She has had him the last two weeks for summer visit, did not take him for 40 days prior to this. She has no stability, no job, lives in a one bedroom trailer 60 miles from his school that he has gone to since he was in first grade. She does this every so often as she has with the other two who are now 20 and 18. Not sure what the deal is yet have not gotten served. Any ideas or suggestions for me. He is ADHD and ODD. Have school very involved as well. Anything????? Thanks

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Lots of things missing in this story. She can't have a temporary hearing without serving you. So, that doesn't sound right. It sounds like you have 50/50 or more placement. The court is going to try to maintain status quo, she will need a reason to change that. To do so, likely she will need something to have gone wrong in your household. You do need to get your hands around what is going on.

    I suggest you go down to the clerk of courts and ask to read the file. They will let you do that, and you will then know what she is asking the court to do. You must start there. Then come back and ask questions.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics