Help with question from work authorization form i-765

Asked 11 months ago - Naples, FL

I am filling I-765, application for employment authorization because i am petitioning for my mother
the first question it ask: that you check what you are applying for either:
1 permission to accept employment
2 replacement
3 renew of my permission to accept employment

my mom has a EAD card now because her husband was filing for her however at the interview she was denied a green card but the ead card is still valid until 12/16/2013 after that its canceled, since i will be filing for her should we check renewal or permission to accept employment?

thanks everyone i have my answer

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . I answered already in your other post.

2. Lynn Marie O'Brien

4

Best Answer

Answered . Permission to accept employment. Enter details about the previous authorization where asked

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . From what you said, the card in her hand is no good anymore.

Thus, Permission to Accept.

But, here is the more important question ... which you didn't ask ... "does she need to do anything special' due to the fact that her greencard was denied?

Yes, she should talk to an attorney and you should NOT file any papers for her until after you've talked to an attorney about the reason(s) for the denial.

4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . Your mother's EAD became invalid when her application was denied. Thus Permission to accept employment.