Help with question from work authorization form i-765

Naples, FL |

I am filling I-765, application for employment authorization because i am petitioning for my mother
the first question it ask: that you check what you are applying for either:
1 permission to accept employment
2 replacement
3 renew of my permission to accept employment

my mom has a EAD card now because her husband was filing for her however at the interview she was denied a green card but the ead card is still valid until 12/16/2013 after that its canceled, since i will be filing for her should we check renewal or permission to accept employment?

thanks everyone i have my answer

Permission to accept employment. Enter details about the previous authorization where asked

This response is provided for informational purposes. No attorney-client relationship exists unless we have a signed agreement. For more information, please click on my profile to find my phone number and email address.

I answered already in your other post.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

From what you said, the card in her hand is no good anymore.

Thus, Permission to Accept.

But, here is the more important question ... which you didn't ask ... "does she need to do anything special' due to the fact that her greencard was denied?

Yes, she should talk to an attorney and you should NOT file any papers for her until after you've talked to an attorney about the reason(s) for the denial.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Your mother's EAD became invalid when her application was denied. Thus Permission to accept employment.