Help with question from work authorization form i-765

Asked 10 months ago - Naples, FL

I am filling I-765, application for employment authorization because i am petitioning for my mother
the first question it ask: that you check what you are applying for either:
1 permission to accept employment
2 replacement
3 renew of my permission to accept employment

my mom has a EAD card now because her husband was filing for her however at the interview she was denied a green card but the ead card is still valid until 12/16/2013 after that its canceled, since i will be filing for her should we check renewal or permission to accept employment?

Additional information

thanks everyone i have my answer

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I answered already in your other post.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. Lynn Marie O'Brien

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Permission to accept employment. Enter details about the previous authorization where asked

    This response is provided for informational purposes. No attorney-client relationship exists unless we have a... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . From what you said, the card in her hand is no good anymore.

    Thus, Permission to Accept.

    But, here is the more important question ... which you didn't ask ... "does she need to do anything special' due to the fact that her greencard was denied?

    Yes, she should talk to an attorney and you should NOT file any papers for her until after you've talked to an attorney about the reason(s) for the denial.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  4. Kyndra L. Mulder


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your mother's EAD became invalid when her application was denied. Thus Permission to accept employment.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Employment Authorization Document

An Employment Authorization Document will allow you to work in the United States while your immigration application is pending.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,227 answers this week

3,080 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,227 answers this week

3,080 attorneys answering