Help with Final Divorce Decree

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Divorce Divorce decree

Hello. My husband and I were involved in a contested divorce. The Stipulation of Settlement was signed and filed with SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
COUNTY OF KINGS. The Inquest was made before the judge and now I am supposed to file Final Judgement of Divorce. I was given a feed back on how to do it myself, and have the legal form. However, I still would like some help on how to fill it out correctly and how to request/include the transcript from court. I was wondering if a NYC attorney would be willing to walk me through this process for a fee. If someone is interested, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

If you are pro se, then go to the pro se clerk in the court for advice. If you wish to find an attorney, then try the find attorney tab for AVVO. Good luck.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Morghan L Richardson

Morghan L Richardson

I would just add that the help office is in the basement and the matrimonial clerk is on the 10th floor in Kings County. Good luck.

Seek out the help of an attorney in your area. You can find them on this site or through the bar association.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.

Recommended articles about Divorce