Help with Final Divorce Decree

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

Hello. My husband and I were involved in a contested divorce. The Stipulation of Settlement was signed and filed with SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
COUNTY OF KINGS. The Inquest was made before the judge and now I am supposed to file Final Judgement of Divorce. I was given a feed back on how to do it myself, and have the legal form. However, I still would like some help on how to fill it out correctly and how to request/include the transcript from court. I was wondering if a NYC attorney would be willing to walk me through this process for a fee. If someone is interested, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

1. Lawrence Allen Weinreich

3

Answered . Seek out the help of an attorney in your area. You can find them on this site or through the bar association.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.
  2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . If you are pro se, then go to the pro se clerk in the court for advice. If you wish to find an attorney, then try the find attorney tab for AVVO. Good luck.

One or more answers have been taken down.