Help to fill I 539 form?

Asked over 1 year ago - Wappingers Falls, NY

My mother in law is here in B2 visa and we would like to extend her stay but I need a help in filling the application. In this application On part 3: ( her I 94 expire on August 29'2013) thinking to extend for another 6 month.
On Part 4.3.d. Is it asking about the applicant or the person who the applicant is staying with?
On Part 4.3.g Is it asking about the applicant or the person with whom she is staying right now?
On Part 5: the applicant cant read or write and I am helping her to fill this form so i assume she should finger print ?
On part 6. The person filling this application should write their information and employer name?
On part 4 continued: how to proof is my employer are authorized by the USCIS? PLEASE NEED NEED ASAP.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consult with an attorney.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You will find that we don't answer this type of question ... it could result in malpractice.

    If you are this confused, you should pay an attorney for a consultation.

    I will tell you this .... you should be careful about asking for more time ... especially if you're thinking of getting her a greencard in the future.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting... more
  3. Anu Gupta


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Please consult with an attorney.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.... more

Related Topics

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

B2 tourist visa

A B-2 tourist visa is easier to obtain than other kinds of visas, but it only allows you to visit the US for a limited period of time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,446 answers this week

3,214 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,446 answers this week

3,214 attorneys answering