Skip to main content

Help please

Richmond, CA |

How long you think will some one will do when they violaton they felony and court probation it's 2 felony probation violating and one court probation violation

Attorney Answers 4

  1. It is very hard to say. The case where there is court probation I will assume it is a misdemeanor. A person can get the maximum sentence on a misdemeanor, which is generally 6 months or 1 year on a misdemeanor. It is never more than a year in the county jail.

    On the felonies it depends on the crimes. If probation is reinstated the maximum time is one year in the county jail. If the court terminates probation based on a violation and sentences the person that person will serve a prison sentence or a county jail prison sentence. The amount of time depends on what the underlying offense is.

    Every case is different. Specific facts of your case must be applied before relying on an answer to a general question. The answer given here is a general statement of the law on the issue that you presented in your question.

  2. To answer this question, you need to have way more information you really shouldn't post here. What's the underlying case, what's the violation, any prior violations, and prior crimianl history, who's the judge, etc. Best to ask his attorney.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

  3. This someone needs a lawyer. He has two probation violations which doesn't say much for his respect for the Court or willingness to follow the terms of his probation. If he's lucky he'll get both probations reinstated but that is unlikely without a skilled lawyer.

  4. I agree with Mr. Kamanski on this. The probation violations drive judges crazy. Get an attorney ASAP.

    Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics