Help needed asap

Asked about 2 years ago - Milwaukee, WI

I need your advise on what next to do. I entered into the US on F1 visa but due to a sudden incident when i got into the state, I was unable to pay the tuition no more and i couldn't go to the school. I later applied for adjustment of status though marriage but unfortunately, my application was denied because records show i did not go to the school i came to the united state for. USCIS concluded that i committed fraud/misinterpretation in order to obtain a visa to the united state, therefore they regarded me as inadmissible to the state. I was told i may submit application for waiver of Grounds of inadmissibility. my marriage to my wife is real and now we are expecting a baby. What document can i show them so they could waive my ground of inadmissibility. Please your advice is needed.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . More information is needed. You absolutely need to hire an attorney for the misrepresentation waiver, or to help you argue why it was not misrepresentation.

    Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Clearly you need to hire a lawyer.

    If you are low income go here: or

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The best advice is to hire a lawyer. You may have been able to avoid the necessity of a waiver if your case had been properly documented from the start.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  4. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hardship to your spouse may include medical, financial, psychological, it really depends on your personal circumstances. It is very advisable to get a lawyer to do this, it will not suffice to say "I"m so sorry about my fraud I will never do it again".

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

F-1 student visa

The F-1 is the most common visa for students and exchange visitors attending academic institutions in the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,546 answers this week

3,662 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,546 answers this week

3,662 attorneys answering