Skip to main content

Help need a criminal defense lawyer advice

Beaumont, TX |

me and another guy was charged with a felony crime we was together his court date is before my court date he's eighteen and I'm thirty he's unwise do to the fact that he told me he's just going to plea guilty in court so he want have to hire a lawyer craziest thing I heard ok on the other hand I'm pleaing not guilty and hopefully can get a lawyer when my court date approach will him pleaing guilty affect my case. our cases or on different court dates we do have the same judge. help

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You both need the services of a criminal defense attorney. If you can't afford a private attorney ask the judge to appoint you a public defender at the first court appearance. You both need separate counsel to represent your individual needs. Your co-defendant's status may or may not affect the prosecution of your case. Not enough facts to comment on. You both need to get separate counsel ASAP.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  2. As has been correctly stated, you both need to have your own criminal defense attorney in this matter. If you can't afford one, then certainly ask for a court-appointed attorney. However, there are criminal defense attorneys that you can hire that would be willing to work out some type of payment arrangements with you to retain their services. Of course, you understand that being charged with a felony is a very serious matter with serious consequences. You need to find an attorney to begin defending you in this matter asap.

  3. Attorney Mascagni is exactly right. You both should have attorneys representing your interests. If either or both of you are unable to afford private counsel, you need to apply for the services of the public defender or ask the court to appoint counsel to represent you.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics