Help me understanding what just happened in the court room, today! Why would you not change custody but give primary residence?

Chandler, AZ |

I had a Resolution Management Conference, my ex-husband has had supervised visits for the past 2 1/2 years, 1st year with CPS and the other last two family court ordered, however he missed an entire year of visits, starting again in January 2012, for 1 hr a week. My 14 year old tried to commit suicide earlier this year, my ex husband and his attorney claim that my daughter shouldn't be allowed to care for my son for a few hours after school til I get home. Today, the Judge ordered my exhusbands address become the primary residence of our son. My son has not lived in the same house with him for 2 years even been to his house and now starting next week he is to live there. She didn't change custody, as I was awarded Temp. Sole Legal. Can someone explain what just happened?

1. Unfortunately, based on the information provided, there is no way to give an answer. You should probably meet with an experienced family law attorney for a free consultation to figure out what happened and what to do next.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.

Child custody topics