Help me help my husband

Asked over 1 year ago - Covington, KY

My husband has been in immigration jail for almost 3 years now. We do have a lawyer but he hasn't been much help to either of us other than charging us a arm and leg. We've filed a I-94 * believe it's this one * but we have been turned down a interview because he's in jail. He's been here for almost 9 years and we've been married for the past 4 years we have a 8 year old daughter. I'm not sure what else to do so i'm trying this. I need my husband home

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

4

Answered . I think you're missing a very important portion of the facts in your submission. Most cases with marriages to U.S. citizens resolve fairly quickly unless there is some criminal conduct that is causing the detention. I highly recommend seeking a second opinion. But first, talk with the lawyer you've spent time and money with. Ensure you understand the process first and then if you're still not satisfied then get a second opinion.

2. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

Answered . There needs to be more to this than what you have provided. The maximum that immigration can hold someone is 6 months 'if' they cannot deport him to his native country. If they refuse to let him go under an order of supervision than you can file a federal court case called a Writ of Habeas to have the federal judge review whether its reasonable to keep him locked up. There is more to it than you have described. He must have either a serious criminal conviction doesn't he? You need to obtain a second opinion and consult competent counsel and provide all the exact details to be able to get an answer.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Get a 2nd opinion from an attorney.

It is possible that there isn't anything that your current lawyer can do.