Skip to main content

Help for uninsured at fault driver

Los Angeles, CA |

police report states that driver is at fault for hitting 2 pedestrians w/ car. witness said pedestrians dashed out from nowhere. Passenger side mirror damaged. Driver does not have insurance ( late in payment) . Driver needs help!

Attorney Answers 3


Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

If you can reinstate your insurance policy by making premium payments, you should do so immediately. Also, check your other insurance policies to see if they would provide you coverage for these claims. If there are no insurane coverages, you need to hire your own defense counsel to defend the suit, or possibly file for bankruptcy. You should immediately consult your own attorney to protect your legal rights.

Mark as helpful


What is your specific question?

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


If you get sued, you will likely have to retain an attorney to defend you and pay him by the hour. If there are witnesses to the accident that can support the fact the injured parties darted out in front of you, you should hire someone to obtain detailed written or recorded statements to support your position.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics