Help! I hurt my knee at home went to er got a work release to be off work but my boss told me to work anyway

Ada, OK |

I went to work and slipped and hurt myself worse than before. I dont know what to do. Now im off for 5 days!

1. File the WC claim. It will be an uphill battle after a week, but you have to try.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.

2. Mr. Corson is correct. You must file a WC claim. An attorney would be a good idea given your facts. Someone needs to make sure that the medical record is clear about the mechanism of injury and the extent of the exacerbation of your prior injury.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: CJCandiano@CandianoLaw.com http://www.CandianoLaw.com

3. Yes, you should contact a workers' compensation attorney around your area immediately. This is especially important because your state may have certain statute of limitations that may apply to work-related injuries. Don't delay on calling an attorney around your area. Good luck

Any post of discussion above is general in nature and is not intended to and should not be construed as legal advice. Furthermore, the above posting does not create or establish any attorney-client relationship. Contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. [John D. Wu is licensed to practice law before all California federal and state courts]