Skip to main content

Help! I hurt my knee at home went to er got a work release to be off work but my boss told me to work anyway

Ada, OK |

I went to work and slipped and hurt myself worse than before. I dont know what to do. Now im off for 5 days!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


File the WC claim. It will be an uphill battle after a week, but you have to try.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.


Mr. Corson is correct. You must file a WC claim. An attorney would be a good idea given your facts. Someone needs to make sure that the medical record is clear about the mechanism of injury and the extent of the exacerbation of your prior injury.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:



When I slipped I did something to my back. Im having pain down to my ankle now. I still have text messages from my boss telling me to work after I told her I was supose to be off for 2 days.

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano


Please do not be confused about this. The ONLY fact relevant to a successful WC claim is that you DID fall at work. If that fall caused a back injury, that MUST be memorialized in your medical records. Hire a WC attorney ASAP. There is no up-front charge and you really need the help.


Yes, you should contact a workers' compensation attorney around your area immediately. This is especially important because your state may have certain statute of limitations that may apply to work-related injuries. Don't delay on calling an attorney around your area. Good luck

Any post of discussion above is general in nature and is not intended to and should not be construed as legal advice. Furthermore, the above posting does not create or establish any attorney-client relationship. Contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. [John D. Wu is licensed to practice law before all California federal and state courts]



I had a Dr apt. today but they wont see me because "I dont have a case # and paperwork" When I called my employer he gave me their workmans comp # and insurance company name. The Dr office is telling me that my employer is giving me the run around but he was very nice and told me that they never had to provide a case #.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer