Hellp me

Miami, FL |

i had sex when i was 14 and the guy was 19, it was in back of a car at a mall, i did give him consent but my parent's are filling charges against him, im going to therapy, but i wanted to know what charges can he get?

A form of statutory rape because the under the law you are too young to give consent.

He can get up to 15 years for each occurrence. Here is the applicable jury instruction:

11.10 LEWD, LASCIVIOUS, INDECENT ASSAULT OR ACT UPON OR IN THE PRESENCE OF CHILD; SEXUAL BATTERY § 800.04, Fla. Stat.

The entire jury instruction can be found here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/jury_instructions/instructions.shtml#.

Here is a hotline for the Victim Advocates in Florida. Please call them:

Victim Services 24-Hour Hotline - (800) 569-7273

24-Hour Rape Crisis Line - 1-866-828-7273 (RAPE)

Sincerely,

James Regan, LL.M, Esq.
http://www.defendme.net

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.

He is looking at being labeled a sex offender for the rest of his life. Since you consented, he is "only" looking at 15 years for each offense. While you were too young to give legal consent, your parents should be made aware of the consequences of both you and him. However, if they have already contacted the police it may be too late. It may be helpful to talk to a legal counselor as well as a therapist.

what consequences are for me tho?