Hello to respectful immigration lawyers. How long does it take for USCIS to respond to RFE?

Santa Ana, CA |

My status hasn't updated yet online two days after the USPS delivered my RFE documents. Please give me an insight how long they normally update it. Thank you.

Its difficult to say. Sometime a case status will be update in 7 to 10 days and sometime much longer. If you haven't seen an update in 30 days call USCIS customer service at 800 375-5283.

2 days is nothing when it comes to waiting for USCIS to update anything. It can take from days to months and beyond.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

There is no way to tell. It depends on the USCIS officer and how much he/she is backlogged.

All comments and/or opinions are for general information, and should not be used as legal advice. In addition any comments and/or opinions do not create an attorney-client relationship. In order to obtain a comprehensive and accurate legal opinion you should consult an attorney with the specific and detailed facts or your case/question.

It depends. It can be a week or months.