Hello this year my entire federal tax return was taken by US Department of Agriculture Rural Developement how can I get it back?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baraboo, WI

This year the U.S Deptartment of Agriculture. Rural Drevelopement took my entire federal return of $5601.00 due to a Mortgage debt and because of this I will probably end up homeless I am a single mother raising 4 children and this is going to have a severe impact on me and my family. The loan was taken out in 2008 and was guaranteed by chase. I filed for bankruptcy in 2011 and chase said ithatvthe debt was no linger valid, yet now in 2013 the Department of Agriculture has taken it all. I am at a lost on what to do and how I can get it back I would really appreciate any helpful information I could really use it Please and Thank You. Sarah.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ryan Vancil Esq

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You have posted your question under "Land Use/Zoning" so mostly only attorneys with experience in that area will be viewing your question. I suggest re-posting your question under tax law. You may get a better answer there. I also suggest contacting a CPA or tax attorney in your area that may be able to answer your tax questions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,119 answers this week

3,046 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,119 answers this week

3,046 attorneys answering