Hello Team , I'm working on L2 - EAD for 'X' company and previously , I worked 7 years for the same company in India .

Warsaw, IN |

I have questions . My EAD expires on 02 / 28 / 2013 1 . My company 'X' was ready to fill L1B . Before my EAD expires , they are filling my L1B visa . Can I continue to work on L1B receipt in same company . 2 . Do I need to wait till it got approved ?

No, there is no portability option for the L-1B. It must be approved for you to work after 2-28-13 so you may want to elect premium processing.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

You must wait until casemapproved

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

I agree with my colleagues!

Yes. You must wait for approval. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Practice Area: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law