Hello sir, if I was busted for Anabolic steroids and 200 t3 thyroid pills.I live in orlando fl & wander how long pre trial last

Orlando, FL |

I'm 30yrs old, never been in trouble. U think they'll test me for roids or just recreational drugs

PTI is normally around 4-6 months long, depends on the local practices. While it is unlikely that they will test you for anabolic substances, you should consider reducing your intake of such substances so that you're not in supra-physiological ranges during the PTI program. Also, HPTA shutdown can cause harsh side effects and you should consult an internist or endocrinologist to help you through this process.

Avvo.com answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at www.drivenlegal.com.

2. How long it takes for a case to go through the system differs depending on the circumstances. If you do not qualify for a public defender then you should consider retaining private counsel to assist you.

Drug testing is usually a part of any sentence or diversion program.

3. Every case is different. Also are you referring to pretrial diversion? Your charges are serious and I need to know how state is charging you before I can really answer. Call our office to discuss. 4072283838

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.

4. You will need the advice of an experienced criminal trial attorney. Your lack of criminal history is a plus. A review of the circumstances surrounding the search and seizure of the drugs is very important.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

5. It is not on your typical test for recreational drugs but if that is what your on pre-trial for they would be much more likely to test you. It gets complicated because some tests are for Pre-trial release is usually the duration of the case prior to a resolution unless it is modified or terminated. Steroids can be tested for the drugs, or for t/e ratios or both. If your t/e ratio is above 6 that could occur naturally but would be uncommon. It would be more complicated and expensive but it could be done. You should look into hormone replacement if you have been using steroids. If you have a prescription you have no worries. Although if you are looking to get total testosterone above 1000 you will have difficulty finding a doc to sign off on it. If your job requires you to have an enhanced physique or physical performance some doctors will work with you. Doctors opinions on juice varies. After Ben Johnson the United States has been hard wired to believe juice is horrible. Some doctors are moving away from the old school of thought and will prescribe testosterone therapy when natural levels are low. If you must use juice I would try to find a doctor that will allow you to obtain a workable level. I have not defended steroid cases as an attorney but as a former college athlete I have been around it. If you have any questions send me an email.