Hello Sir Cancel the File I130.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

My name is Sharmila patel I m us citizen,I have summited the file for my Mother and Father from I130 to uscis.gov 2 Years ago. But as far as i thought i have to sent only 1 check for both of them file to get approved. So because of the 1 check i sent they approved only one file for my Father.my father does not want to come us alone what is the best way to get them here at same time. So what is the best way should i cancel the file and re do the file for both of them at same time?? And if i do cancel the file what is the best reason will i give them.
Thanks.

1. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

Answered . You can keep the approved I-130 for your father and send an 1-130 for your mother with a check, When her I-130 is approved you can have both of them file out the green card paperwork. It is best to consult an attorney.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

Answered . You do not need to cancel your father's I-130. But you should communicate with US immigration officials at the National Visa Center (NVC) to be sure that your father's case at the NVC is still open. You should file an I-130 for your mother. After your mother's I-130 is approved, you will then be able to do NVC paperwork for both your mother and father to apply for permanent resident status.

I strongly suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney, to have the best chance of success.

3. Anu Gupta

Pro

Answered . Sharmila- file for your mother.