Hello,Please tell me if Can i file a I-601a in my Case??

Asked almost 2 years ago - Union City, NJ

Ok,my case is I came to u.s. august 2004, i was pregnant.. Immigration gave me just till the end of november not knowing about my pregnancy..I gave birth on december 14,So by that my day of stay in u.s. was over. So one year and 4 month ago i got married with a American ex marine to fix my status..This person had a domestic violence case with his ex girlfriend he was going to court still after our marriage,the court gave him 10 years of approbation. So Now its hard for him to get a job cause his background,he lost his driver license,he got his credit bad,Such a mess.. So i was thinking ?if its possible for me to file the I-160a Form?cause i really wanna fix my status but his bad condition don't help me enough. I heard about that I-485 n I-130 form. What should i do,what's the best option.

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Can you? Follow the link below, read and decide.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Eric M. Mark


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What should you do? Talk to an attorney. Easiest question of the day.

  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Talk to an attorney, this is too complex for an internet blog.

    With that said, I'm not sure an I-601 is appropriate, nor a VAWA.

    Meet with an attorney.

    If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.im

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  4. Yolanda Navarrete

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It's a start..... There is so much more information needed however. This is a very difficult procedure that needs an attorney's skill.

    973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely... more
  5. Anthony Emeka Nze Nwosu

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Were you served an NTA (Notice to appear before a court) in 2004?

  6. Danny Garmo

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Complex cases like this require you to speak to an immigration lawyer to lay out all the facts of your case.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,256 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,256 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering