HELLO PLEASE TELL ME DO GRANDPARENTS HAVE ANY RIGHTS WHEN THE PARENTS ARE GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE .

Fort Valley, GA |

THE CHILD STAY WITH ME FOR FIVE YEARS . . . . HAD HIM SINCE A MONTH OLD . THE MOTHER TOOK HIM FROM ME ON JAN . 30 2012 . . . . . . . . SHE ALSO LET SOMEONE ELSE CLAIM HIM ON THERE TAXES . SHE REMOVED HIM FROM THE SCHOOL HERE IN TOWN AND PLACED HIM IN ANOTHER SCHOOL . HER AND MY SON OR UNFIT PARENTS . SHE HAS 2 OTHER KIDS . . . I REPORTED HER TO DEPT OF FAMILY CHILDREN SERVICES FOR NEGLECT . . . . . . . MISSED DR . APT , MISSED IMMUNIZATIONS , MISSED DENTIST APT , ETC . PLEASE HELP

1. Yes, a grandparent has the right to intervene in the divorce case, or file a separate case, seeking visitation. A grandparent also has the right to seek custody, but has the additional burden of proving that the parents are not fit to have custody. You need an experienced custody/grandparent rights attorney who regularly handles such cases in the county where the parents live.

I am exclusively a family law attorney, practicing primarily in the metro Atlanta, Georgia trial courts. However, I handle appeals from anywhere in Georgia.

Child custody topics