Hello please can you advise me. I need to get a variance for the use as a church

East Orange, NJ |

I need an attorney to help me with zoning permit

Call your state or county bar association and request a referral or try the 'find a lawyer' section of avvo. This question and answer section is not designed for help wanted ads. Best of luck to you.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Ryan Vancil Esq

Ryan Vancil Esq

You may also want to call local attorneys and see who is considered among the best land-use attorneys in your community.

As you contact attorneys in your area with land-use experience, consider comparing rates and finding out what their relative experience is with the permit process before hiring.

My colleagues are correct. Variances (if what you're truly seeking is a use variance) and not a special use or special exception can be difficult to obtain. You should hire an attorney to assist you.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.