Hello,my name is Lau ai lee and did not marriedbut had a son and the will was make 1996,do you think its valid.he had 6 kids.

Asked over 1 year ago - Ramona, CA

my son"s father make a will and the children decided to split the inheritance by 6 kids.he did not pay child support for 15 years and now my son is 21 and i like to know if its reasonable to request for some money as he had make a will with my name and its in german marks 40.000 and the current wife have the same.but she is in the split of the inheritance.the older son decided that they split among the 6 kids and the wife.by german law i like to know whether the wife get 25% and i do not like to drag the paperwork too long for them to divide their inheritance.my son is included in the will and the split in total 7 ways.6 kids and current wife.I was not married to him but he did not pay child support.Can i request for some money since he make a will in 1996 with me on the will.any case?

1. 4

Answered . Your post is not entirely clear. You refer to German law. Is the estate in Germany? If so, contact an attorney in Germany and ask these questions. In CA your son would be considered a pretermitted heir and would likely be entitled to inherit but if there is no estate in CA that is not relevant. I suggest you pick up the phone and call an attorney and get some help as your situation seems to beg for it.

2. 2

Answered . Attorney James is correct. Your statement of information does not provide enough detail to provide you with a thorough response. You should contact a local lawyer to explore the situation in detail.

3. Answered . Just had this recently. All property was in guess where, Germany. You can contact local counsel that may be able to set you up with counsel in Grermany. Good luck.