Skip to main content

Hello,my name is Lau ai lee and did not marriedbut had a son and the will was make 1996,do you think its valid.he had 6 kids.

Ramona, CA |

my son"s father make a will and the children decided to split the inheritance by 6 kids.he did not pay child support for 15 years and now my son is 21 and i like to know if its reasonable to request for some money as he had make a will with my name and its in german marks 40.000 and the current wife have the same.but she is in the split of the inheritance.the older son decided that they split among the 6 kids and the german law i like to know whether the wife get 25% and i do not like to drag the paperwork too long for them to divide their son is included in the will and the split in total 7 ways.6 kids and current wife.I was not married to him but he did not pay child support.Can i request for some money since he make a will in 1996 with me on the will.any case?

Attorney Answers 3


Your post is not entirely clear. You refer to German law. Is the estate in Germany? If so, contact an attorney in Germany and ask these questions. In CA your son would be considered a pretermitted heir and would likely be entitled to inherit but if there is no estate in CA that is not relevant. I suggest you pick up the phone and call an attorney and get some help as your situation seems to beg for it.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Attorney James is correct. Your statement of information does not provide enough detail to provide you with a thorough response. You should contact a local lawyer to explore the situation in detail.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Just had this recently. All property was in guess where, Germany. You can contact local counsel that may be able to set you up with counsel in Grermany. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics