Hello I was wondering if I have a case for harassment, or defamation of character?

Saint Joseph, MO |

I have worked in a Missouri Hospital in the same Department for nine years now. I have had a new Manager for around three years. Since This new Manager has come we have turned almost the entire staff and have had numerous issues with him. I have been reporting complaints to HR and Administration for over a year now about verbal abuse, hostile work environment, being treated equal and a few other issues. Nothing has ever been done. Recently I received the worse evaluation I have ever gotten. Most things he stated that made me seem like I am a horrible employee and not doing my job. I have documentation to prove it is not true. My Manager knowing I had proof still would not change the information. This will keep me from a transfer potentially and harm my character that Ive worked so hard for

I guess I should add that my boss didn't give an opinion such as "I felt bob did a poor job." It was "Bob did not complete the education required for this position." I had conformation letters of the education but he refused to look at them. He is making a false statement even though I proved to him that it was not true.

Lies or truth? Truth is in the eye of the beholder and is a defense against libel or defamation. Who knows how it would come out and what the damages would be, consult an attorney.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

2. Lies or truth? Truth is in the eye of the beholder and is a defense against libel or defamation. Who knows how it would come out and what the damages would be, consult an attorney.

3. An opinion is not defamation