Hello I was wondering if I have a case for harassment, or defamation of character?

Asked 10 months ago - Saint Joseph, MO

I have worked in a Missouri Hospital in the same Department for nine years now. I have had a new Manager for around three years. Since This new Manager has come we have turned almost the entire staff and have had numerous issues with him. I have been reporting complaints to HR and Administration for over a year now about verbal abuse, hostile work environment, being treated equal and a few other issues. Nothing has ever been done. Recently I received the worse evaluation I have ever gotten. Most things he stated that made me seem like I am a horrible employee and not doing my job. I have documentation to prove it is not true. My Manager knowing I had proof still would not change the information. This will keep me from a transfer potentially and harm my character that Ive worked so hard for

I guess I should add that my boss didn't give an opinion such as "I felt bob did a poor job." It was "Bob did not complete the education required for this position." I had conformation letters of the education but he refused to look at them. He is making a false statement even though I proved to him that it was not true.

1. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Best Answer

Answered . Lies or truth? Truth is in the eye of the beholder and is a defense against libel or defamation. Who knows how it would come out and what the damages would be, consult an attorney.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

1

Pro

1

1

Answered . An opinion is not defamation