Hello I rented a jewelry kiosk to a friend as a favor, I never asked for any rent since I did it as a good faith.

Asked about 1 year ago - Pompano Beach, FL

Now I want it back, but this person is holding my kiosk. He does not want to give it back to me. I called him multiple times first he agreed to buy it and asked me for a price. After hearing the price he just kept asking for time so he can come up with money. Now after 2 months he telling me I cant have my kiosk back and wont pay me the price that I proposed. Please help me recover this kiosk back from him.

Additional information

I didnt rent the kiosk, I gave him to use it for a certain time as he asked he politely. Kiosk is located in a mall and he has advised local mall security to take action if I show up to pickup kiosk. Please help me recover my kiosk.

I had a location in that mall sublease from a company, I built that kiosk to use for that location, I decided to give the location back to company back in october. The main officer of the company requested me if he could borrow the kiosk for a certain time for the new operator to use it, till he figures out what he wants to do and in return the operator would pay me some rent. As a good faith I agreed to let the new operator borrow the kiosk and I did not ask for any rent even though the main officer offered to pay a rent. I dont have any documentation of the loan of kiosk, I did not expect this to happen. I thought it was couple month thing.

Palm Beach county, Florida and please suggest proper steps I need to take to recover my property.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Will Murphy

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you have a lease for it, have you gone to the landlord telling them another business is occupying your spot? Perhaps if they come by and tell him to get out he will. (They may not want to get involved, given that you let the other person in there, but you can try. They are supposed to give you quiet enjoyment of your space and just having some people from the mall come by and say "you need to go" might do the trick. Failing that, you might have to use an ejectment action in court. If so, you should hire counsel.

    There is no substitute for the professional advice of an attorney who knows your case and represents you. My post... more
  2. Nancy L. Lanard

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have not provided sufficient information to answer your question. Did you have any documentation of the loan of the kiosk? Who signed the lease agreement with the shopping center? The answers to these questions can impact the answer to your question.

    This response does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not intended to provide legal advice for your... more
  3. Clifford M. Miller


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Retain a lawyer and sue the borrower for replevin of your kiosk.

    This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,298 answers this week

2,800 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,298 answers this week

2,800 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary