Hello I really need a lawyer who knows there dui court stuff

Asked 11 months ago - Las Vegas, NV

I had a DUI about 3 years ago the first year it took me to see the judge he just told me to get a lawyer cuz I make tomuch $ tohave a p.d. So I did I got a lawyer.went back to the next court date I already had the victim impact panel and the corners class and DUI school completed already because my lawyer said he was going to assign those to me anyways so I got them done beforehand. So when we saw the 2nd time he said good job on that but since my alcohol level was high, it was my 1st dui..he assign me a another $900 fine and 3 mnths of cornerstone counseling twice a week and gave me one year to pay the $ & do the 3 months of counselingbut right at that time I just got hurt at wrk& back surgery.now its sept.I will only have 1/2 of my counseling done when I see him in dec. Wut should I do?

1. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

6

1

Answered . You should be prepared to support your medical harship by submitting health care records (only to th Judge because of HIPPA reasons) and make an effort to double up any classes to show that you are diligently working on completing the conditions.

2. Boris A. Avramski

4

Answered . Call the lawyer who represents you in this matter. He can give you guidance as to what to do.

3. Michael Ivan Gowdey

4

Answered . As long as you have been working toward your requirements the judge will giveyou more time to completethem.However, it sounds like your previous lawyer didn't prepare you for the alcohol evaluation and further recommendations. Have some of your medical records available to document your reasons for not finishing your counseling. You should be fine.

4. Derek Anthony Patrin

Pro

2

Answered . You built up a good track record beforehand when you completed some of that programming ahead of time, so that should help the judge give you the benefit of the doubt that you're trying to get the extra counseling done promptly. Like my colleague says, be prepared to provide medical documentation of your work injury and surgery schedule, and keep attending your counseling in the meantime.