Hello I need help filing a petion to seal my records with boulder county. It was a deffered sentence and I have now completed

Asked over 1 year ago - Broomfield, CO

I had an attorney hired and she passed away and there for I no longer have any information on my case. What can I do?

1. Nicholas Lubchenco

Pro

4

Answered . There are a lot of us on avvo who do this work. You can contact any of us and we'd be happy to help. There are also forms available that you can use yourself at court if you want to try that route. It never hurts and often helps to have a lawyer make sure everything is done right.
    Good luck and feel free to contact most of the criminal lawyers here on avvo to see who of us you'd like to hire.

2. Aaron Garth Norris

3

Answered . Well you certainly could do this on your own, It's always safest to hire a lawyer to help you. Doing it on your own, you'll need to check with the county in which you dealt with the case. Once you have the Case number, you can begin to work off of the Supreme Court's website. This will require some effort on your part, including opening up a new civil case and arranging for hearing before a district court judge. You would not need the help of your original attorney.

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

3

Answered . I would recommend hiring Mr. Lubchenco. I am a former judge and former prosecutor. If you fail to dot every i and cross every t and do everything absolutely correct, then the filing fees, time spent, and attorney fees are all for naught and a waste of time. Best to get an attorney who is experienced in this field like Mr. Lubchenco. I also do sealings on a regular basis and you have to know exactly what you are doing. The instructions and the forms on the Colorado Judicial Branch page are not exactly completely accurate.