Hello I need help filing a petion to seal my records with boulder county. It was a deffered sentence and I have now completed

Broomfield, CO |

I had an attorney hired and she passed away and there for I no longer have any information on my case. What can I do?

1. There are a lot of us on avvo who do this work. You can contact any of us and we'd be happy to help. There are also forms available that you can use yourself at court if you want to try that route. It never hurts and often helps to have a lawyer make sure everything is done right.
    Good luck and feel free to contact most of the criminal lawyers here on avvo to see who of us you'd like to hire.

2. Well you certainly could do this on your own, It's always safest to hire a lawyer to help you. Doing it on your own, you'll need to check with the county in which you dealt with the case. Once you have the Case number, you can begin to work off of the Supreme Court's website. This will require some effort on your part, including opening up a new civil case and arranging for hearing before a district court judge. You would not need the help of your original attorney.

The proceeding statement is for your benefit and designed to orient you to seek help more completely; it should not be construed as a complete answer to your legal problem or a substitution for legal advice. Only when an attorney has had the opportunity to fully explore the issues of your case can you truly be advised. By reading my statement you should not infer we have created an attorney client relationship.

3. I would recommend hiring Mr. Lubchenco. I am a former judge and former prosecutor. If you fail to dot every i and cross every t and do everything absolutely correct, then the filing fees, time spent, and attorney fees are all for naught and a waste of time. Best to get an attorney who is experienced in this field like Mr. Lubchenco. I also do sealings on a regular basis and you have to know exactly what you are doing. The instructions and the forms on the Colorado Judicial Branch page are not exactly completely accurate.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.