Skip to main content

Hello I looked on the court docket and it says a order was approved on a report of sale and distribution so I'm wondering will I

Peoria, IL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I get a eviction notice or some type of notice to move thank you

Attorney Answers 3


Your question is a bit confusing. Was there an order to sell real estate as part of a criminal case? If the real estate is ordered sold and you are the tenant, at some point, you will probably be given notice to vacate unless the new owner wishes to rent to you and offers you a lease.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Your practice area indicates this is a criminal defense question, but your question makes me wonder if this may be a foreclosure question. If that is the case, the answer to your question is yes. How long depends on how quickly this happens in your county, whether you owned the property or are a tenant, and how quickly the plaintiff acts. If this is actually a criminal defense question, more information would be needed.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


It sounds like this question belongs in the "Real Estate" Attorney section of the AVVO legal questions. i would redirect the question to that area.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics