Hello fellow lawyers: Medicaid or Obamacare

Duluth, GA |

I am a sponsor for my wife to adjust her permanent status.However,my dad is a household member and I guess my sponsor as well, since I am unemployed at the moment.We have a small child in addition to 3 adults.My dad and our child has insurance.But my wife and I dont have a coverage.
My question is: Do I need to apply for medicaid or obamacare ? The reason why I ask this ,is that I do not want to hurt my wife's status by getting medicaid coverage for myself ! I'm correct, please advise?

Either way, if your income is insufficient, you will need a joint sponsor for the affidavit of support. The issue is whether your wife is likely to become a public charge, and not whether you are a public charge. If you permanent live off of needs based, public benefits, you are a public charge.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Regardless if you do not earn sufficient income you will need a joint sponsor

Whatever the choice, it would not make your question into immigration one.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Recommended articles about Immigration