Hello am us citizen i petitioned my husband lives abroad how much can delay one CR1 visa aprox with administration processing?

Asked about 3 years ago - Miami, FL

case in undergoing processing with consulate and department state...they say is the visa processing. when i call them....thanks

he passed enterview n consulate and they have the passport fro my husband...4 months until now...

1. Lisa Monique Okoh-Brown

Answered . They are not delaying the application. if they have to run background checks and the file goes from one person to the next, it takes time and this is not the only case they have, so it takes as long as it takes and all you can do is be patient and wait.

2. Linda Yin Liang

Answered . Sounds like they are conducting background check. The minimum time for background check is 6 months. It may be longer in your home country depends on how quickly information can be provided by government agencies.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . There is no way of ascertaining the amount of time it will take. Only the State Department knows what reviews it is conducting.