Hello a truck was given to me the man is dead that owns the truck the property owner said take it is there any trouble here?

Freeport, OH |

hello i have question and hope i can get a good question is
this truck was given to me by the property owner.the man the owned the truck is dead and died on or in 09 the property owner gave me a bill of sale the truck does not have no liens and the title is clear still in the gentle mens name how can i get a title the state is giving me a run around i don't know what do to or can you direct me to someone private that can without payments thousands of dollars thanks for you time

The title would have to be transferred to you by a representative of the estate of the titled owner. If the person who sold you the truck inherited it and just never got titled transferred to him or her, then it might be easiest to get that step done first.

The information provided on Avvo is not intended to be legal advice and communication with Paul Bryson through the medium of Avvo Questions and Answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Paul Bryson is admitted to the practice of law only in the following jurisdictions: the State of Ohio and in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. Information obtained from Avvo Questions and Answers cannot take the place of individualized legal counsel and is for informational purposes only.