Hello

Albany, NY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I have a situation there's a girl I've been with and we been together for about a couple months and I just found out she's 17 and I'm 30 years old she lied to me she told me she was 19 her dad now is trying to find out who's shes been with I wanna know can I go to jail for this or what can happen and what's the legal age in new York and I'm scared to go to jail so please let me know

1. Thisi is an immigration site, you should direct your question to a criminal defense lawyer.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. The legal age for consent to sexual intercourse in New York is 17. If you had sex with the girl when she was under 17 she could not legally consent.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. This is not an immigration question. I have changed the practice area to Criminal Defense so that you may be able to get information from criminal defense attorneys in New York.

4. The age of consent in NY is 17. If she was 17 and it was a consensual relationship you wouldn't have any legal problems.