Hello

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

I have a situation there's a girl I've been with and we been together for about a couple months and I just found out she's 17 and I'm 30 years old she lied to me she told me she was 19 her dad now is trying to find out who's shes been with I wanna know can I go to jail for this or what can happen and what's the legal age in new York and I'm scared to go to jail so please let me know

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . The legal age for consent to sexual intercourse in New York is 17. If you had sex with the girl when she was under 17 she could not legally consent.

2. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

3

Answered . This is not an immigration question. I have changed the practice area to Criminal Defense so that you may be able to get information from criminal defense attorneys in New York.

3. Benjamin J Lieberman

1

Answered . The age of consent in NY is 17. If she was 17 and it was a consensual relationship you wouldn't have any legal problems.

4. Stephen D. Berman

Pro

2

Answered . Thisi is an immigration site, you should direct your question to a criminal defense lawyer.