Hello

Silsbee, TX |

would like 1st offense DUI info please

Do really mean DUI (as in, you are under 21) or do you mean DWI? People get these terms mixed up a lot in Texas and there's a big difference. For a walk through the basics, feel free to visit my website. Wwww.macyjaggers.com.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

It is only a DUI if the person is under 21. For someone under 21 any alcohol is an offense. Otherwise the offense is a DWI. Feel free to visit my website.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
Austin DWI Lawyer
512-495-1813
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

Driving while intoxicated first offense is a Class B Misdemeanor punishable by up to a $2000.00 fine and/ or up to 180 days in jail. This can be probated which means you would not do any jail time. You are also facing two potential license suspensions: one for refusing or failing a breath or blood test, and the other if your case is disposed of without being placed on probation. The first suspension I mentioned is called the ALR suspension. You have 15 days to request a hearing to contest that suspension.

DUI or driving with any detectable amount of alcohol in your system while you're under 21 years of age is a Class C Misdemeanor which carries no jail time, up to a $500 fine, and community service related to alcohol education for no less than 20 hours or more than 40 hours for a first offense. Deferred disposition is available, but it's still considered a conviction by statute.

James R. "Jim" Butler,Houston,Texas,DWI Lawyer. Free Consultation .Call (713)236-8744. Pardon my typing and or grammar,I am sending from my i-phone.I only represent people accused of DWI in Texas. My answer is based upon the limited amount of information supplied in your question. The answers I give on this site are intended for general educational purposes only. If you already have an attorney, I always suggest that you consult with that attorney first.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI