Asked over 1 year ago - Silsbee, TX

would like 1st offense DUI info please

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do really mean DUI (as in, you are under 21) or do you mean DWI? People get these terms mixed up a lot in Texas and there's a big difference. For a walk through the basics, feel free to visit my website. Wwww.macyjaggers.com.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  2. Richard Timothy Jones

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is only a DUI if the person is under 21. For someone under 21 any alcohol is an offense. Otherwise the offense is a DWI. Feel free to visit my website.
    Austin DWI Lawyer
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client... more
  3. James Richard Butler

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Driving while intoxicated first offense is a Class B Misdemeanor punishable by up to a $2000.00 fine and/ or up to 180 days in jail. This can be probated which means you would not do any jail time. You are also facing two potential license suspensions: one for refusing or failing a breath or blood test, and the other if your case is disposed of without being placed on probation. The first suspension I mentioned is called the ALR suspension. You have 15 days to request a hearing to contest that suspension.

    DUI or driving with any detectable amount of alcohol in your system while you're under 21 years of age is a Class C Misdemeanor which carries no jail time, up to a $500 fine, and community service related to alcohol education for no less than 20 hours or more than 40 hours for a first offense. Deferred disposition is available, but it's still considered a conviction by statute.

    James R. "Jim" Butler,Houston,Texas,DWI Lawyer. Free Consultation .Call (713)236-8744. Pardon my typing and or... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,748 answers this week

3,004 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,748 answers this week

3,004 attorneys answering