Hello

Asked over 1 year ago - Silsbee, TX

would like 1st offense DUI info please

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

2

Answered . Do really mean DUI (as in, you are under 21) or do you mean DWI? People get these terms mixed up a lot in Texas and there's a big difference. For a walk through the basics, feel free to visit my website. Wwww.macyjaggers.com.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

1

Answered . It is only a DUI if the person is under 21. For someone under 21 any alcohol is an offense. Otherwise the offense is a DWI. Feel free to visit my website.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin DWI Lawyer
    512-495-1813
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance

3. James Richard Butler

Pro

1

Answered . Driving while intoxicated first offense is a Class B Misdemeanor punishable by up to a $2000.00 fine and/ or up to 180 days in jail. This can be probated which means you would not do any jail time. You are also facing two potential license suspensions: one for refusing or failing a breath or blood test, and the other if your case is disposed of without being placed on probation. The first suspension I mentioned is called the ALR suspension. You have 15 days to request a hearing to contest that suspension.

DUI or driving with any detectable amount of alcohol in your system while you're under 21 years of age is a Class C Misdemeanor which carries no jail time, up to a $500 fine, and community service related to alcohol education for no less than 20 hours or more than 40 hours for a first offense. Deferred disposition is available, but it's still considered a conviction by statute.