Also can be stay in the country when his case is pending?
The immigration lawyer working for your H-1 employer should be able to give you the information you need.
It will probably include:
1. copy of your employer's I-797
2. your I-94 showing H-1B status
3. letter & pay stubs confirming employment
4. marriage certificate (translated if necessary)
5. proof that he obeyed his F status (this varies from case-to-case .. transcript, I-94 & I-20 forms at the minimum)
6. Filing fee & other information/documents listed on the instructions
See ,,, it isn't as simple of a process as you assumed.
Meeting with an attorney is a very, very, very wise thing to do.
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
29,940 answers this week
3,123 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary