Hello, my question is why El Salvador taking so long to send my husband back his stamped passport?

Waelder, TX |

Hello, my husband's I-601 was approved back in Jun 07 13 and by July 11 13 immigration received from the rest of the documents they requested including the passport. As of now it is Sep 26 13 and my husband has not received his stamped passport back. If he has been approved why are they taking so long to send my husband back their passport? He sent them his Criminal Records, physical exams, passport, that is what immigration requested. I've been emailing El Salvador's immigration office and they tell me they have the requested documents and this is all they tell me "We acknowledge receipt of your letter regarding the immigrant visa petition of your husband" Your husband's case is in the process of being reviewed".They will get in touch with him directly. What is the held up? Help Please

1. This depends if the waiver was approved for his criminal cases or for unlawful presence. In either case, the application might be under background clearance or supervisory review.

2. If by "El Salvador" you mean US Consulate in San Salvador El Salvador you should consult with an attorney and this discuss the case in a confidential consultation to determine what issues if any may exist. Many times the I-601 even if approved may take awhile to get to the consulate and an attorney's assistance is highly advisable.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.