Hello, my husband stationed in military and file I-130 for me, the same time I am going to submit I-485.

Tacoma, WA |

he never worked befor and had no savings ,nothing, but he made 3000 a month now, can we count his income together with last years? I mean from Sep 2012 to May 2013. His last year's income did not meet the guidline 15.510, can he be the only sponsor or we have to find joint sponsor?

1. You need a joint sponsor, if his 2012 income was not even 100% of the poverty line.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. What matters is his current income. If he doesn't qualify now, you will need a co-sponsor. If he was working and earning $3,000/month but never filed taxes, then he should contact a tax preparer to clear up his obligations

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. I would agree with Attorney Berman. You appear to require a join sponsor. Military or not, the rules are the same for I485

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics