Hello, My husband has applied for his h1b visa from third country.

Hilo, HI |

My husband was working in the third country and he applied for his US visa from third country. But as dependent I would like to apply for H4 visa from my home country. So will it make any difference? Also do I need to have I- 129 form for my self ? or I need to have my husband I-29 form?

1. You probably want to wait until your husband's H1B visa stamp is issued. Once it is issued, then you can apply for H4 visa at your home country. The US Embassy in your country should have its own website listing what is required to apply for H4 visa. Also, get a copy of your husband's H1B visa stamp. Applying together is better but I don't think it will make any differences even if you apply at a different country.

If my answer was helpful, please mark helpful or select as the best answer. It encourages me and other lawyers to answer your questions.

2. No difference, but you must prove that your spouse has been issued the visa and/or is in the US in valid H-1B status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. NO, please do by all means. You need you husband's approval notice as a dependent.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.