Hello, My husband has applied for his h1b visa from third country.

My husband was working in the third country and he applied for his US visa from third country. But as dependent I would like to apply for H4 visa from my home country. So will it make any difference? Also do I need to have I- 129 form for my self ? or I need to have my husband I-29 form?

Hilo, HI -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

NO, please do by all means. You need you husband's approval notice as a dependent.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

No difference, but you must prove that your spouse has been issued the visa and/or is in the US in valid H-1B status.

Woojin Won

Woojin Won

Immigration Attorney - Fort Lee, NJ

You probably want to wait until your husband's H1B visa stamp is issued. Once it is issued, then you can apply for H4 visa at your home country. The US Embassy in your country should have its own website listing what is required to apply for H4 visa. Also, get a copy of your husband's H1B visa stamp. Applying together is better but I don't think it will make any differences even if you apply at a different country.

If my answer was helpful, please mark helpful or select as the best answer. It encourages me and other lawyers to answer your questions.