Hello, my husband and i have a interview on June 15 for our marriage( i am a US Citizen) and he came here with a visa.

Tujunga, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

We have filed all the paper works but today i found out that we need a sponsor. My mother has agreed to be a sponsor for my husband as she meets all the requirements. What is the form number that we have to file.

Use form I-864, You can download the form and instructions at
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b70f8875d714d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Make sure it is properly documented with proof she is a U.S. citizen of permanent resident, 3 years of federal tax returns with W-2, 3 recent paycheck stubs and employment confirmation letter if possible. Also submit a copy of her driver's license or utility bill to show that she is currently residing in the U.S.

she is self employed she has child care checks and personal checks from parents as she owns a day care so what should she show

Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

Document it with recent bank statements showing that she is regularly depositing money (parent's checks) in her account, make copies of the checks she receives from parents (if possible), copy of her business license or child care license. Also, if possible, copies of contracts (or letters) from her customers (the parents) stating how much they pay her each month and copies of ads or other printed materials she has about the business. Basically you have to show she has a real going business and has the income she claims. Of course, she has to have declared it on her tax return for last year. Making "cash" but not paying taxes on it does not count (and is illegal).

No there is no Cash just checks and they are all declared on her tax returns

Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

Great. Then you shouldn't have a problem as long as you document it (see my answer above).

The form that she will need to file is the I-864. You, as the petitioner, should also file one.

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

Both you and her need to file an I-864

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Hello. Per the Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) instructions, even though you do not meet the income requirement, you still have to submit a completed Form I-864 with your husband's adjustment of status package. Your mother will need to submit a SEPARATE Form I-864.

THAT SAID, I am curious as to how you were scheduled for an interview if your package was incomplete. It is best that you consult with an immigration attorney before you attend the interview.

DISCLAIMER - NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: The information provided in this email is intended for informational purposes only. This email does not necessarily reflect current legal or factual developments and is general in nature. Nothing set forth in this email should be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. Furthermore, the information provided in this email is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Attorney Arie Ebrahimian makes no warranty, express or implied, about the correctness, accuracy or reliability of the information set forth in this email. The information provided in this email should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of legal services with Attorney Arie Ebrahimian or establish an attorney-client relationship absent a written agreement for legal services. Thank you.