Hello, my husband and i have a interview on June 15 for our marriage( i am a US Citizen) and he came here with a visa.

Asked about 2 years ago - Tujunga, CA

We have filed all the paper works but today i found out that we need a sponsor. My mother has agreed to be a sponsor for my husband as she meets all the requirements. What is the form number that we have to file.

1. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . Use form I-864, You can download the form and instructions at
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem...

Make sure it is properly documented with proof she is a U.S. citizen of permanent resident, 3 years of federal tax returns with W-2, 3 recent paycheck stubs and employment confirmation letter if possible. Also submit a copy of her driver's license or utility bill to show that she is currently residing in the U.S.

2. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Both you and her need to file an I-864

3. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

4

Answered . The form that she will need to file is the I-864. You, as the petitioner, should also file one.

4. Arie Ebrahimian

2

Answered . Hello. Per the Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) instructions, even though you do not meet the income requirement, you still have to submit a completed Form I-864 with your husband's adjustment of status package. Your mother will need to submit a SEPARATE Form I-864.

THAT SAID, I am curious as to how you were scheduled for an interview if your package was incomplete. It is best that you consult with an immigration attorney before you attend the interview.

DISCLAIMER - NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: The information provided in this email is intended for informational purposes only. This email does not necessarily reflect current legal or factual developments and is general in nature. Nothing set forth in this email should be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. Furthermore, the information provided in this email is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Attorney Arie Ebrahimian makes no warranty, express or implied, about the correctness, accuracy or reliability of the information set forth in this email. The information provided in this email should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of legal services with Attorney Arie Ebrahimian or establish an attorney-client relationship absent a written agreement for legal services. Thank you.